Tuesday, February 5, 2013

home time



My time at home in Canada flew by, because time flies when you’re not in an airplane.
In my spare moments, I managed to put a few of my pictures to good use: I put Bible promises on them, put some of them in a calendar, and formatted some for computer wallpaper.

The desktop backgrounds are available at 1000wordsofhope.wordpress.com.  I’ll add more as I have opportunity.  If you have any promises or pictures you’d like to add to the collection, email them to me.


My favorite activity did get neglected a bit, but I did manage to get some good mountain biking in.  Biking with Marc was great.

I have the most time off in the winter, so I got out biking most frequently around the end of the year.  It’s quite a push to get a bike up Rose Swanson Mt. in the snow, but I find it well worth it.

I also got enough hiking in to whet my appetite.

You can take as many pictures as you want of insects when they're too cold to fly.


Some great views are close to home.
Another enjoyable moment happened at NOJA’s fall fest: I got recruited to help belay on the rock wall.  This re-enforced the conclusion that I would really love to have a career of outdoor adventures.  I’ve applied to help at one summer camp, and will probably apply for others.  I’m also considering whether or not an Outward Pursuits program, such as is offered at CUC would be worth the investment.  Let me know if you have any advice.

It seems like the more I play floor hockey, the more I love it.  In addition to a time machine, I now need a reliable teleportation machine - so I can get back home on Monday evenings to play hockey.

I made it to GYC this time.  I had volunteered to help with audio recording, and was blessed with being assigned to seminars that really added answers to tough Bible questions I’d been considering.  For instance, I always had to just trust that there was sufficient reason for God to call for the genocide of the Canaanite nations in Moses’ and Joshua’s time.  Anil Kanda presented many reasons – not racial reasons, but reasons including health and social justice.  I hope the recordings will be on GYCweb.org soon, but for now you can find similar recordings at www.audioverse.org – search for “Anil Kanda” on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment