Tuesday, March 13, 2012

tons to do

I just want you to know that there is a lot that needs to be done here.  There's a years' worth of work that it would be really beneficial for me to get done in the month I have left here...

Of course we'll get students helping where they can, and try to get local crews in for some things, but there are many things that Western volunteers can be a huge blessing by helping out with here.  The most pressing need is construction.  There are about 2 months before the wet season gives meaning to the word Thaiphoon.  In that time, it would be ideal to complete 4 houses, 2 dorms, and a couple other buildings.  Then there are repairs, sidewalks, electrical, shelves ... ...

There are ways to help with construction aside form the obvious.  For instance, someone caring for toddlers / babies could free Mr. Adams to use his expertise on the many projects.  And don't think that unskilled labor has little value.  Much of what I do here has been learned on the job.  The most important skill that has let me help here is the ability to take instructions in English.

Construction is just the beginning of the job list here.  There's also teaching (English, music, vocations), mechanical work, driving, medical work, gardening, etc.

Helping here at Sunshine Orchard has been a huge blessing to me.  I'm sure it would be a blessing to you also, if you can come.  Life here is not as pampered as life in North America, but discomforts are minor and well worth it.  So - something to pray about...

For more information, visit http://missions.thesteckfamily.com/wp/sunshine-orchard-needs/personnel-needs/


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could come help with those toddlers!! Too bad I have a full time job here :(

    ReplyDelete